Pregnancy during COVID-19
During this time, keeping yourself and your baby healthy is more important than ever. If you are pregnant during COVID-19, you probably have questions. What if I get it? Should I do anything different? Am I or my baby at greater risk?
To help, we’ve compiled a list of things to keep in mind and to ask your doctor about during your appointments. Please print this and keep it throughout your pregnancy to help you plan for the healthiest and safest delivery.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19), pregnancy, and breastfeeding: A message for patients
- If you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or caring for young children – protect yourself and your family from COVID-19
- How to protect yourself & others
STAR Medicaid benefits are available to you during pregnancy and up to 2 months after birth. As a Texas Children’s Health Plan STAR member, you get:
- Prenatal care.
- Prescription drugs.
- Dental care.
CHIP perinatal benefits include:
- Up to 20 prenatal visits.
- Prescription drug coverage.
- The cost of birth and delivery.
- 2 doctor visits for mom after delivery.
- Regular checkups, vaccines, and prescriptions for your baby during the first months of its life.
Caring for our Pregnant Members
Need extra help? Texas Children’s Health Plan invites you to join our exclusive Care Management program to help you have a healthy pregnancy. Our dedicated team of Care Coordinators are here to help pregnant members throughout their pregnancy and postpartum recovery. They work together with members, doctors and medical staff to ensure that the member receives the best possible care each step of your pregnancy. Our Care Management program offers important services and resources such as: