Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) is a telephone and computer-based system that replaces paper time sheets, electronically verifies that service visits occur, and documents the precise time service provision begins and ends.
HHSC’s MEDsys Contract Expires – Will Not Be Renewed
HHSC’s contract with MEDsys expires Nov. 6, 2018 and is not renewing. MEDsys is operating under its second correction action plan related to data issues, which does not meet HHSC’s goal ensuring the accuracy of EVV data.
To lessen the impact from this change to providers:
- HHSC is working in collaboration with MEDsys to transition all providers in phases to Datalogic (i.e. Vesta) before the MEDsys contract expires.
- Providers should continue to use their EVV system until the transition is complete.
MEDsys data and system improvements efforts will remain underway during this time.
HHSC will be providing additional communication after completing discussions with MEDsys, Datalogic, MCOs and HHSC leadership.
Please email HHSC EVV at Electronic_Visit_Verification@hhsc.state.tx.us for questions regarding this notice.
- HHSC Vendor Selection Form
- Small Alternative Device (SAD) Order Form
- Provider Compliance Plan
- Approved Telephone Service
- Data Elements
- Revised Reason Codes Effective December 1, 2016
Provider agencies required to use an HHSC approved Electronic Vistit Verificaton system must begin using the revised and new reason codes on Dec. 1, 2016. Failure to use the revised and new reason codes may result in claim denial, recoupment or contract action.
- Addition to reason code 305 with an effective date of July 1st: If the EVV system is missing the start or end time of the visit, the provider must document the missing time in the free text field. The alert for RC 305 and the new reason code spreadsheet with the effective date 07/01/2017 has been posted to the HHS EVV website.
EVV Contact Info
EVV questions and concerns please contact provider relations: